- Lumbricine, closely paired.
- Distinctive striped appearance because of alternating segmental bands of red and yellow colour along entire length of the body.
- Male pore on segment xv.
- Prostomium epilobic.
- Clitellum covering from segment xxvi to segment xxxii.
- Tubercula pubertatis on segment xxviii-xxx.
- Spermathecal pore 2 pairs, close to together on upper side, in intersegment furrow ix/x and x/xi.
- First dorsal pore in furrow between segments iv and v
- Two species* recorded in India viz.,
*Both species resembles very closely except andrei is uniformly reddish in colour with each segment slightly defied by a yellow band.